At Futura Electronics we are committed to running our operations in a sustainable and responsible manner. We undertake to consider the environmental impact of all stages of our process, from raw material supply, energy and water use, to waste management and packaging of our products. We are engaged in supporting our community in Balbriggan, and wish to actively play a role in protecting and enhancing our local environment for our wellbeing and for future generations. We want to implement measures that encourage our staff and customers to embrace sustainable living.
We are committed to:
- Developing an Sustainability & Environmental Action Plan in support of this policy, and pursuing continuous improvement of our practices through specific annual initiatives
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation that applies to our operation
- Prioritising suppliers who have embedded sustainable and ethical practices within their organisation and who drive such practices within their own supply chain
- Initiate discussions with suppliers and customers regarding consolidation of transport to reduce Scope 3 carbon emissions
- Promoting and researching the development of sustainable electronics, to be at the forefront of making electronic equipment that is free from toxic chemicals and designed with recyclable parts available to our customers in Ireland
- Reduce our energy consumption by identifying energy efficient technologies and practices, and consider renewable energy options, available to our customers in Ireland
- Engaging with Circular Economy principals by maximising the use of recycled materials, and diverting our wastes into the recycling/reuse stream where possible
- Contributing to the local economy by maintaining and supporting local employment, offering internships, by sourcing services and produce locally wherever possible, and by engaging with other businesses in promoting our region
- Support the local community through fundraisers / sponsorship of local clubs and initiatives including the GAA, local hospice, and many more.
This policy will be communicated throughout the company and is available for public review. It will be reviewed on a regular basis together with the Sustainability & Environmental Action Plan, to evaluate continued relevance, monitor progress and drive continual improvement.